Fairwinds is currently looking to fill the following position:
Construction Manager (full time, permanent)
Fairwinds, which is located in Nanoose Bay (20 minutes north of Nanaimo), is looking for a Construction Manager to oversee and manage a variety of development projects within the community. The first phase of new development will include the renovation of a 40,000 sf oceanfront building and the construction of a 39-unit concrete condominium building. The Construction Manager will work closely with the project team, accounting staff and the ownership group, and will oversee and manage the construction of projects from commencement to completion. This permanent position requires a dedicated, highly motivated and fully engaged individual looking for a challenging and rewarding career.
- Preparing a project construction schedule and update as work progresses.
- Preparation of request for proposal to trade contractors.
- Review and analysis of Trade proposals.
- Preparation of Trade contracts and administration of trade contracts.
- Overseeing and directing the project construction from commencement to completion.
- Providing direction to on-site personnel and trade contractors.
- Monitoring compliance with building and safety regulation.
- Overseeing all off-site and on-site construction activities
- Preparation of construction budgets and provide updates as construction progresses.
- Quality control.
- Advanced Knowledge of Construction methods and techniques.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in Construction Management
- Knowledge of construction details, products, building codes, regulations and standards
- Ability to work closely with Architect, Engineers, utility providers and Local Building Authorities.
- Ability to review and coordinate Architectural drawings with Structural, Mechanical, Civil and Electrical drawings.
- Knowledge of the BC Building Code
- Knowledge of Worksafe BC regulations.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a full-time, challenging and fast paced career with a stable and reputable company. Fairwinds will offer industry leading rates for the right candidate, along with a great suite of benefits. With the first phase of construction set to begin in late September 2017, the successful candidate must be available as of September 15 to assist in the preparation of the tender documents and in the tendering process.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 14th 2017. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All responses will be treated as confidential.