Fairwinds is currently looking to fill the following position:
Project Superintendent (full time, permanent)
Fairwinds, which is located in Nanoose Bay (20 minutes north of Nanaimo), is looking for a Project Superintendent to join the development team. The Superintendent will be involved in a variety of projects, beginning with the first phase of new development which will include the renovation of a 40,000 sf oceanfront building and the construction of a 39-unit concrete condominium building. The Project Superintendent will be based in the field and will be responsible for managing all aspects of the daily on-site construction operations. This permanent position requires a dedicated, highly motivated and fully engaged individual looking for a challenging and rewarding career.
RESPONSIBILITIES included but are not limited to the following:
- Leadership: Supervise and monitor site personnel, trade contractor/trade subcontractors and organize site meetings as required.
- Quality Control: Establish a Quality Control system to maintain high quality workmanship and quality standards and assist the Project Team in preparing deficiency and task lists.
- Construction Documents: Review project drawings and document to ensure design concepts and specifications are followed and strictly adhered to.
- Cost Control: Manage and Plan material/labor cost expenditures and work activities for maximum efficiency.
- Scheduling: Review, maintain and update with the project team the construction schedule and produce two-week look ahead program.
- Coordination: Provide coordination and direction to all site personnel and Trade Contractors.
- Safety: Ensure that WorkSafe BC work procedures and reporting requirements are followed to ensure the safety of all site personnel and the General Public.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in a construction superintendent supervisory role.
- Experience in Multi-Dwelling residential construction.
- Team player and excellent communication skills.
- Technical aptitude and problem-solving ability.
- Scheduling and planning proven skills.
- Cost Control proven experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a full-time, challenging and fast paced career with a stable and reputable company. Fairwinds will offer industry leading rates for the right candidate, along with a great suite of benefits.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by October 31st, 2017. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All responses will be treated as confidential.